Eldred Township UTV / ATV Road Permit Application & Rules for Siltop pass holders. Download the application below.
Facebook riders blog page: Search Facebook for "Siltop Riding Group". Membership is restricted to pass holders. Please provide your control number to be admitted. Please either click the "join" button or message Lisa Scully Catarouche on FaceBook or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org If you ride on a passenger waiver and don't have your own control number, please use the control number of the passholder you ride with.
- Siltop is a family riding area, not an ATV Park: Families bring children and elderly parents on the trails. It is important to keep speed down and be respectful to others. Spinning the tires and throwing rocks not only damage the trails, but they can hurt someone. Siltop volunteers have invested a lot of hard work and expense in rocking and fixing trails so they will be safe for Siltop riders. The ground is soft in poor drainage areas and deep ruts are easy to make. Experienced riders learn that the steady, slow application of the throttle while in 4WD will pull you through most mud holes. High RPM aggressive spinning of tires deepens ruts and high sides the machine (frame rests on ground preventing tire traction). While it might be fun for the rider throwing mud in the air, the next machine can’t get through because the mud hole has deep ruts. Please don’t trash the trails for others by spinning deep ruts in soft muddy areas.
- There are three ways we can screw up our paradise: speed, loud mufflers, and disrespect for property owners. Please do not speed down Spring Creek and Gilbert roads late at night. Siltop shut down access through Forgotten Lane on Gilbert at the request of neighbors because groups of buggies were passing late at night. Please refrain from riding after 11 pm and if you do, be quiet as a mouse as you pass camps and houses. Siltop is a family riding area, not an ATV park. PLEASE keep speed and noise down at all times. If you have a need for speed and loud mufflers, please ride somewhere else. Siltop does not permit loud mufflers on the property.
- ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP: North Fork and the streams that enter the property are part of Brookville watershed. Driving machines for pleasure in the rivers could result in fines and a shutdown of Siltop. Many of the stream crossing areas have a limestone base that is required by the DEP. Stream crossings are OK but driving ATVs or UTVs in the rivers is not. Please don’t let a moment of disrespect for the environment ruin it for all riders.
- PASSENGER WAIVERS: It is important that no pass holder bring a passenger on the property before completing a waiver. It only takes a minute to do via the website on the membership tab. Ken has been actively stopping riders to verify that passengers have signed a waiver. Those that cannot demonstrate they have signed a passenger waiver will be asked to leave the property immediately. Signing a waiver is a non-negotiable requirement for anyone who enters the property and serves to protect the landowner from lawsuits which would destroy the opportunity every pass holder has to enjoy the property.
- No pleasure riding during firearm seasons: Siltop suspends family riding during high powered firearm hunting seasons. Only hunters are allowed in the woods during large game seasons for deer and bear.
- LOST AND FOUND: Place items left behind by riders you find on top of or under the table at gooseneck.
- NEW MAP: Updated maps are available. Go to the “About” tab on the website.
- MAKE PASSES VISIBLE: Please mount your pass on your ATV or UTV or carry it with you when you are on the property. Siltop members notice when passes are not visible and report it as a violation. If you lose your pass, use your wallet card temporarily and notify Siltop that a temporary pass is needed. Proper displaying of passes is important when the passenger fee is implemented to differentiate those who are permitted to bring passengers.
- ID: As an experienced police officer, Ken requires all pass holders to carry ID which is necessary for medical emergencies and to verify pass holder or passenger names.
- REPORT SUSPICIOUS INDIVIDUALS, DANGEROUS BEHAVIOR, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE IMMEDIATELY: Call Ken any time you suspect illegal entry to the property, see individuals exhibiting dangerous behavior or causing property damage. Please note vehicle type, color, and any identifying characteristics of the individuals. Ken’s number is 814-541-9970.